Production Coordinator (full-time)
Full-Time, permanent position
Applications due: September 26, 2021 at midnight
NCTV is a non-profit community television station driven by teamwork and ingenuity. With a small staff, it is integral that each team member be motivated to further NCTV as an organization and to complete the necessary work to get there.
The Production Coordinator position at NCTV is a highly visible job, working daily with the public. A deep respect for individuality and the ability to work collaboratively with many types of people is an absolute must.
Job title: Production Coordinator
Job status: Full-time, non-exempt (eligible for overtime)
Compensation: $17/hr - $19/hr depending on experience
Benefits: Vacation, PTO, 12 paid holidays, Health Insurance (with NCTV contribution), SIMPLE IRA (up to 3% match by NCTV)
Conditions of employment: CORI check, background check with fingerprinting, and driving record check
Work location: 158 Main Street, Norfolk, MA 02056 (primary); Various locations around town as needed and reimbursed mileage at the federal standard rate.
Work hours: 40 hours/week expected. Regular schedule with some flexibility required. Option for 5 or 4 day weeks and have some work-from-home ability. Paid half-hour lunch breaks. Ability to cover early morning shoots (as early as 7am) on occasion.
- Work daily with the public to schedule video shoots and equipment usage, teach workshops (including a kids’ program 4 times per year), answer questions via phone and in person
- Edit video content ranging from talk shows and community presentations to public service announcements and narrative work.
- Maintain website and blog (via WordPress, no HTML experience needed), as well as all social media accounts (currently Facebook and YouTube but open to expanding)
- Shoot and edit video (including outside and in-studio shoots) with quick turnaround time and no errors
- Outreach and promotion to individual residents as well as groups and organizations
- Foster positive relationships with members, Norfolk organizations, and other community TV facilities
- Other responsibilities as they arise (we are a very small station so the ability to be flexible when needed is important)
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team while also having personal motivation to continue working independently on projects is crucial
- Ability to work with all types of people including those who have different values/beliefs than you do
- Ability to remain non-partisan at all times
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Tech savvy (we have mainly Mac computers, but PC knowledge is also helpful)
- Ability to learn quickly
- Video production experience (all stages)
- Clear, concise, and professional writing and communication skills
- Customer service expertise
- Reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license (some travel to and from shooting locations required & will be reimbursed at federal standard)
- Technical troubleshooting
Required Software Knowledge:
- Adobe Suite (Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Photoshop are non-negotiable; Adobe Media Encoder, Adobe Audition, and Adobe After-Effects preferred/valued)
- Mac programs such as iMovie, Photos, GarageBand, and Final Cut Pro X
- Google Suite (We use GMail, Drive, Docs/Sheets/Slides/Forms, and Calendar daily)
- WordPress (HTML not required, but plug and play use of WordPress and BeaverBuilder are needed for website)
- Helpful but not required: Wondershare/UniConverter, VLC, Asana, Slack, Toast, PTPublisher, OBS, CASTUS, iVGA, Dragonframe, and Quicktime
- Cover letter addressed to Katy Jefferson. Please include:
- Why do you want to work at NCTV? What makes you a unique fit for this position? What do you value about community TV?
- Anything in the job description that you are not fully trained in/qualified for. Your application can still be considered since we understand that every job is a learning opportunity!
- Video reel or links to samples of your work. Please include what role you played in the creation of the video either in the video itself or in an accompanying document.
- Submit your resume, cover letter, and link(s) to your work via e-mail to email@example.com by September 26, 2021 at midnight with ‘PROD COOR APP’ along with your full name as the subject line. Applications that are not complete or do not follow all of the above directions will not be considered for the position. PDF documents preferred for resume and cover letter, but others are also accepted.
- References will be requested if you’re selected for an interview.
- No phone calls, please. Email questions are welcome as long as it wasn’t addressed in the job posting in the first place.
More info about NCTV: