…all of NCTV’s services are free of charge?
- Attend weekly workshops on a variety of topics each Tuesday night at 6:30pm.
- Schedule one-on-one or small group training by calling or e-mailing our office.
- Come in to use our state-of-the-art HD studio.
- Borrow field equipment to film your event or movie outside of the studio.
- Stop by and ask us any tech-related questions (it doesn’t have to be related to video!).
…you can promote your non-profit organization or event(s) on the channels and in our office?
- The digital bulletin board runs between programs on both the public and government channels.
- Hang your physical flyer in our community bulletin window at our office (158 Main Street).
- Create a 30 – 60 second video PSA in our studio or on location to run in between programs (can schedule any time or during our semi-annual PSA Day events).
- Schedule a half hour long video interview in our studio with one of our local hosts.
- Create your own program about your organization or event (can be a stand alone program or a series).
…you can access our schedules and programs online?
- Find what times our in-house series will show on the public and government channels on the schedule page of our website.
- See the full list of upcoming programming for all three channels online by clicking on each individual schedule.
- Watch most of our programs online at www.YouTube.com/NorfolkCable. Programs that are excluded from our YouTube are done so at the request of the producer or the people in the videos.
…NCTV is funded by you, the cable subscribers of Norfolk?
- Comcast and Verizon each have contracts with the Town of Norfolk.
- These contracts stipulate that in order for Comcast and Verizon to be able to offer cable services in our town, 5% of the cable portion of a subscriber’s bill must be allocated to fund a community TV station, just like us!
- We are a non-profit organization and neither our channel content nor the programs we offer are controlled by the cable companies or the government.
As always, please contact us if you have questions, comments, or concerns!